LGBTQ+ Surf and Yoga Retreat in Panama
What could be better than a week in paradise spent surfing, stretching, and connecting with members of the international LQBTQ community?
That’s what you’ll find at the Rainbows Surfers and Yoga Retreat in Panama!
From November 28 - December 4, 2022, we’re excited to welcome Rich Overgaard of Canada (@rovergaard), Steven Redant of Spain (@stevenredant), and the @Surfergays community for a week at our beautiful surf camp in Playa Venao, Panama.
The Ideal Location
Playa Venao, Panama is known for its great surfing, laidback beach vibes, and friendly community. It doesn’t have the touristy vibes of other surf towns, but still offers a great experience and plenty of great activities, bars, and restaurants. Another plus of Playa Venao is our incredibly diverse and friendly international community!
If you’re just learning to surf, Playa Venao is also a great location. With waves suitable for all skill levels, both beginner and advanced surfers can have a good time.
Everything is Included
A major bonus of the LGBTQ+ Surf and Yoga Retreat is the price! You can choose from all-inclusive packages for 5-7 nights, with both single and shared room options.
These packages include:
- Round trip transportation to and from Panama City/Tocumen International Airport
- 5 or 7 nights of accommodations at Beach Break Surf Camp
- While at Beach Break, enjoying a Full Surf Camp Package including:
- Up to 2 hours of daily surf lessons including in-water, theory, and video analysis, our team is stoked to get you surfing our building new skills and confidence!
- Unlimited board rentals to practice whenever you'd like
- Yoga and movement sessions with Steven, one of the retreat hosts
- Photo and video package of your surfing to take home with you
- Daily breakfast from our open and delicious menu
- Organized day trips to secret beaches and waterfall hike
- Beach BBQ and bonfire party on the last night
Meet the Retreat Hosts
Rich Overgaard (@rovergaard) lives in Vancouver and first built his skills as a surfer on an LGBTQ-friendly surf safari in Costa Rica back in 2015. Now, he tries to get away once or twice per year to the warm waters of Mexico and Central America to chill on a beach and catch waves.
Steven Redant (@stevenredant) is an international DJ (and founder of @longboardzaddy) from the gay circuit who lives in the Canary Islands, Spain. He gets to surf most days and started when his midlife crisis hit (it was surfing or a Porsche!) He says himself that surfing has saved his life, and is happy to share his joy with the rest of the world.
Rich and Steven connected through the @Surfergays Instagram account, a place for LGBTQ+ members to connect and show love for gay surfing!
Learn More About LQBTQ+ Surf and Yoga Retreat
The Rainbows Surfers and Yoga Retreat is the perfect place to connect with others, spend time on the beach, and have fun surfing and relaxing in Panama. Come take advantage of this inclusive, fun, and chill opportunity to meet people from around the world!